Business Development Director
Digital Precision Cancer Medicine
This opportunity is for a dynamic, brave and independent commercialisation enthusiast eager to work with top scientists in the iCAN Digital Precision Cancer Medicine flagship and with Helsinki Innovation Services team with expertise in intellectual property, innovations, and business development. iCAN is one of the six national flagship public-private partnerships in Finland coordinated by the University of Helsinki and Helsinki University Hospital HUS. iCAN aims for discoveries and innovations through integration of strengths in Precision Cancer Medicine with unique assets in Digital Health.
We are seeking a Business Development Director to take a major role in developing the iCAN research flagship into a competence cluster with strong partnerships and new business.
Within this role you will:
- Liaise with iCAN researchers to identify inventions and develop business opportunities.
- Develop promotional material on iCAN research and commercial collaboration opportunities to stakeholders including pharmaceutical, biotech, AI, and digital health companies, and investors in life sciences.
- Develop and manage relationships with stakeholders at international level.
- Plan, perform and lead business development activities in iCan including sales and marketing, development and assessment of new business opportunities, contract negotiations as well as building and managing strategic partnerships with industry.
- Be prepared to work across all areas of iCAN in both strategic and operational hands-on tasks for iCAN to succeed in providing significant economic and societal impact.
We expect you to have an academic degree with relevant research background in cancer biology or digital health (preferably PhD or MD). Experience in the healthcare/life sciences industry is a clear benefit. We value your existing networks within pharmaceutical or digital health care companies and efficient networking skills. Successful candidates must be commercially driven, possess excellent digital content creation skills and be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
You will work as part of the Helsinki Innovation Services team. Your work requires fluent and effective communication with researchers, management, financial and legal administration of the iCAN, partner organisations, and other stakeholders.
You are expected to have strong presentation skills to varied audiences and be fluent in English. The person we are looking for is highly motivated, energetic and a master of time management.
The position is full time and available immediately when a suitable candidate is found. We may also consider applications for a Business Development Specialist position, if you are highly motivated and possess relevant scientific background, but have less prior experience in industrial environment.
For more information, please contact Ms Heli Lahtinen at email@example.com or +358 50 547 7299 (after 5th August 2019) to set up a phone call with Chief Operating Officer Milla Koistinaho. Applications are submitted through Helsinki Innovation Services advertisement here